Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Week... Glad Its Over!!!!

I am glad lil princess is all well again.... FInally she took solids last Sunday... last week was a nightmare but glad we got thru it... Our lil princess came down with the Hand, Foot, Mouth... also known as HFMD.... the last time i blogged was she coming down with a fever... That evening we brought her to the clinic.... her fever's down... but ulser's building up in the mouth..... was hard to feed her even fluids... no milk no water.... We decided to bring her back to Lumut for quarantine as we were not sure what it could be... Chicken Pox.. HFMD... no answer as no spottings on the feet or hands... she was all cranky as she felt discomfort... who wouldn't... even I would... just imagine her having alot in the mouth... even us adults can't stand the sore feeling...

I had to go to work the next morning... Mommy's very sory but I was still on probation... but I knew she was in good care.... called several times to check on her... could hear her crying.... we knew she was hungry but she refused taking anything... around half 1, in-law called to tell us she noticed spottings on her feet.... took that afternoon off, texted my boss to advise and off we went back to Lumut... reaching home, she was taking her 'la-lac' (cerelac).... and drinking water.... though she started taking food and water, we still brought her to the hospital to check... we were the very last patient... she refused to open her mouth... the doctor couldn't diagnosed much too... asked for us to return on Thursday for 2nd review..... That evening, she tried taking various food... 'la-lac', water, biscuits, milk.... all she cried.... she went to sleep without taking much.... Next morning, hubby decided I should take the day off to bring her to the hospital again... this time in Bandar as she is refusing even fluids... It was scaring us both... and that morning wasn't pleasant... a big argument... But we managed to get in the car and drive to JPMC.... though it was expensive, but every penny spent was worth while... Doctor confirmed it to be HFMD... the spotting are more den... on the legs, palms and butt.... I took the day off... Sis came over to accompany.... was happy to see her take 1 glass of cold milo without crying.... but after that... not even water.... came to a decision to apply the medication to numb her mouth.... though it hurts alot to hear her cry, I had no choice... still she refused to take anything... in the end, I came to a decision to use the drip (some sort of syringe) to feed her water and milk... We had to hold her down... I had to ask mom take 2 days leave... to watch her till the weekend as I prefer her close by in case of emergency...

Next 2 days was going out for lunch to go home to feed her... not an easy job but someone had to do it... we went back to Lumut on Friday and it was harder to feed her as she knew the in-laws would protect her.... smart gal... but with this mommy... she has got no choice... I knew she was all well, when she 1st took the water to drink .... from a cup.... so Sunday, I came up with a idea... I pretended to ask for her chocolates which she was willing to share.... She took 1 put into her mouth and started munching away... aha... she's all well... no more sores... I believe she was still scared of the pain... but after finising the chocolates, she took biscuits... aha... even better.... yes... she is cured....!!! 1st chocolates, biscuits... den came to milk... she resisted at 1st... when I told her I was gonna give it to Jonathan (our neighbour), she took her bottle and finish it all... hahaha.... really funny but am glad we got thru the nightmare....
She's still in Lumut... we are leaving her der for now... till the air is clear.... A bit down yesterday as hubby was too tired to drive home... so I don't get to see my lil princess.... am missing her lots... have grown to love her more each n every day... though my temper is still bad... Tis morning not a good start to a beautiful day.... argument about transport... oh watever.... too lazy to think of it...

Hey... before I forget, here's my not so-wonderful LO. Not that clear... No journalling done on this... not too confident at that time and my handwriting Sxxxx... hahaha.... It took me a whole day.... keep thinking I don't have enuff until the hubby said... STOP.... Its enuff... hahaha..... Couldn't bring my self to stop...
Another LO... simple... but I simply love the Black, Red and White concept..... The red and black dots are actually beads... hahhaa.... experimented a lil bit... Hehhehee... Got to go back to work... Will post some more LOs.... but don't expect too much... its's not greatness....

1 comment:

Scrapper-holic said...

Love the LO with the flowers!! Fab!!